Women across the country who have experienced a host of serious medical conditions and complications resulting from using the Mirena IUD (intrauterine device) are obtaining legal representation for inclusion in a class action suit seeking damages from the contraceptive’s manufacturer, drug company giant Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals. According to the FDA, more than 45,000 complaints have been filed since the small, T-shaped plastic device was first approved for birth control in 2000. Implanted into the uterus by a medical professional, the contraceptive is designed to prevent pregnancy for up to five years by releasing a flow of levonorgestrel – synthetic progestin – into the body. If you experienced a medical complication resulting from the Mirena IUD, you may obtain a complimentary consultation with the Wettermark and Keith personal injury law firm in pursuit of compensation for your injuries.
Complications from Mirena IUD Usage:
Unfortunately, medical complications have frequently been reported from the use of the Mirena IUD. They include, but are certainly not limited to the following:
- Both partial and complete IUD expulsion from the uterus
- IUD migration from the intended position
- Perforation of the uterine wall may result if the device migrates from its intended position, requiring surgery to remove the device and repair the perforation
- Perforation of the intestinal wall – may require surgery to remove the device and repair the perforation
- Ectopic pregnancy – pregnancy outside of the uterus; the fetus cannot survive an ectopic pregnancy
- *note – Although rare, it has been reported that about half of all pregnancies that occur while using Mirena result in ectopic pregnancies
- Hysterectomy needed as a result of Mirena damage
- Infertility, miscarriages, infection, scarring, adhesions
- Birth defects
- Excessive vaginal bleeding, ovarian cysts, pelvic inflammation
- Intestinal injury
- Many others
In 2009, the FDA approved Mirena for usage to treat heavy menstrual bleeding in IUD users. If you experienced a medical condition that was attributed to the Mirena IUD, you may be eligible to participate in the Mirena class action lawsuit. In order to preserve your rights to potential compensation, it is essential to contact your attorney as early as possible so that you may file within the statute of limitations.
What Kind of Compensation May be Available if You Were Harmed by the Mirena IUD?
In lawsuits that have already been filed throughout the U.S., Bayer has been accused of withholding vital information revealing the potential health risks that could result from using the Mirena IUD. It is alleged that Bayer knew or should have known of the health risks involved and by withholding this essential information from the public, they acted in a negligent or intentionally reckless manner. Financial compensation for a class action or individual personal injury lawsuit for those who were harmed may include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Hospital bills
- Future related medical treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income resulting from inability to work or advance at work due to Mirena IUD complications
- Other – ask your attorney
Mirena IUD Complimentary Case Evaluation by Wettermark and Keith; No Fees Unless We Win:
If you were injured from using the Mirena IUD, it is essential to obtain experienced, knowledgeable and aggressive legal representation from a law firm that has already proven it knows how to win in and out of court. The lawyers at Wettermark & Keith, LLC, have recovered multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for their clients on a consistent basis over the years and are one of the country’s most successful personal injury firms. In fact, they have been selected by their peers as Super Lawyers for four consecutive years – one of the most prestigious and meaningful distinctions awarded in the legal industry. There are no legal fees involved unless they win or settle your case. For a free Mirena IUD case evaluation, contact Wettermark & Keith at (334) 284-0014.